TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
- Guests must take good care of the Pod, keep it clean and tidy throughout their holiday and leave it clean and tidy upon their departure.
- Any breakages/damage must be reported to us as soon as reasonably practical after they have occurred.
- No ball games can be played on the farm, including the carpark areas.
- Guests must not climb any walls or gates.
- The lead name on the booking form (the Party Leader) is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the Pod is left at the end of the stay.
- No change in the identity of any member of the party booking the Pod may take place without our prior written consent.
- The Party Leader must be over 18 and the ages of any member of the party under the age of 18 must be accurately disclosed on the booking form.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The Pod will be available from 3.00pm on your arrival day and must be vacated before 10.00am on your departure day. Late departures will be subject to an additional fee of £50 per hour.
On making the booking more than 8 weeks before the start of your stay, a NON REFUNDABLE deposit payment of 30% of the total cost is required.
Not less than 8 weeks before the start of your stay the balance of the total cost must be paid. If we do not receive it by that date, you will be in breach of these conditions and could lose your booking
If you book within 8 weeks of your arrival date the total cost of your stay, including the 30% non refundable deposit, must be paid when the booking is made.
A contract is formed, between the Party Leader and ourselves when we send written confirmation of the booking to you.
The Pod is offered only on the understanding that no more than a maximum number of two people (irrespective of age), shall occupy it. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition. No refunds will be made.
We reserve the right to charge for any damaged or missing items and for any other than normal cleaning being necessary following your stay (min £20). If payment for your stay has been made by debit or credit card then these details will be used for the charges. We also reserve the right to make any booking subject to an advance deposit/bond to be used against inventory and cleaning, refundable after the holiday.
There is allocated parking for one vehicle only.
Pets cannot be brought into the Pod, or on to the farm, under any circumstances and are not permitted to be left in a vehicle on site at any time.
Linen and towels are provided and the bed is made up on arrival. Please do not use towels as face wipes, make up removers or for cleaning.
HEATING/WOOD BURNING STOVE
The cost of electricity, heating and hot water is included in the rental price. Only seasoned hardwood logs purchased from Broadrayne Farm, should be burned in the stove. It is a bespoke log burner and we need to control what is burnt and goes up the flue. Please DO NOT burn your own fuel in this stove. We provide a basket of fuel, kindling and eco firelighters for a small additional charge.
Please do not bring or use any other form of electric heating (i.e. fan or oil heaters, etc) in to the pods. Our insurance company deems these dangerous, the pods are not electrically rated for these devices and consequently they are not permitted. It is also not needed, as the pods are double insulated and you also have a log burner too :-)
- Smoking is not permitted in the Pod, in the doorway to the Pod or on the decking. Guests are free to smoke outside away from the pod and we provide large ash trays in the grounds for spent cigarettes. We will make a charge of £350 for intensive cleaning if there has been any smoking inside the property,in the open doorway or on the decking during your stay. We also reserve the right to curtail your booking, with no refund, if you smoke in the pod or open doorway.
- No naked flames, candles, joss sticks, fireworks (Internal & External) and primus/gas stoves are permitted inside the pod or within the curtilage of the farm. Battery operated LED canfles are provided.
- BBQ's must not be used on the wooden decking area (even if on a stand). There is a dedicated BBQ area adjacent to the pod for your use. BBQ's are never to be left unattended and must be extinguished after use.
Logs, kindling, firelighters, eggs can be purchased on site. Payment for these should be left within the pod on departure. If payment is not made prior to or on departure then the total amount outstanding, plus a £5 admin charge, will be deducted from the card used to make the booking.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to the client or any member of the party, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of ours as the holiday homeowners. We strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover
If, upon arrival, you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint about your holiday accommodation we must be contacted immediately so that, were possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint shall arise during your holiday, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your holiday, unless we were notified when they arose.
Whilst everything within our power will be done to attend to repairs to the accommodation/furniture/equipment/facility that may be faulty or fail during your holiday, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
The property owner, his/her representative, must be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time for essential maintenance or annual Quality Grading inspection. Wherever possible prior arrangements will be made.
- We do NOT provide holiday cancellation insurance and we strongly suggest that you take this out separately.
- In the event that you have to cancel your holiday you must notify us immediately in writing. Cancellation only takes effect when we have received written confirmation.
- Once the booking has been accepted by us, it can only be changed to another date, by treating the original booking as a cancellation.
- If the cancellation is 8 weeks or more prior to your stay, and the property has not been relet, you will still be liable for the full payment of your balance at the 8 week point.
- We shall seek to relet the Pod at the best possible price but not necessarily at the advertised web site price. If the Pod is relet, monies received by us, less the 30% non refundable deposit paid, will be refunded to you.
- If we are unable to relet the Pod for the period of the cancelled holiday, all monies paid shall be forfeited to us.
Amendments that apply to new bookings made after 10th May 2020 - We are now waiving your liability for the balance payment, if you cancel, in writing, more than 8 weeks prior to your stay. If you cancel after this point then you are still liable for the full amount and we will try and relet the property, as per the paragraph above.
CANCELLATION BY OURSELVES
In the unlikely event that your holiday accommodation becomes unavailable, for any reason, we will offer you an alternative solution of at least equal standard, if at all possible. We shall not be under any other liability.
Covid- 19 amendment, which is applicable to new bookings made after 10th May 2020 - We recognise the difficulty in now purchasing holiday travel insurance that will cover Covid-19 and consequently we have decided that if we are forced to close due to the government lockdown then we will issue a refund for the balance payment and a voucher equivalent to your initial deposit, enabling you to make another booking within 12 months or your original stay.
Gift vouchers can used towards all self-catered properties, glamping pods, hotel and the bistro on Broadrayne Farm.
Minimum voucher value is £25 and goes up in multiples of £10.
The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, which will be stated on the voucher.
If the voucher is used towards holiday properties (self catered and hotel) then the stay needs to also be within 12 months of the date of voucher purchase.
Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
Vouchers cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash, change given, if less than the payment requested, and cannot be used to purchase new gift vouchers.
Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any special promotions or discounts.
Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Vouchers by you to a third party.
Vouchers issued due to cancellations because of the COVID-19 closure are non-refundable and non-transferable and issued to the person who made the original booking, this person must be present at check-in for the voucher to be valid. Should it transpire that an attempt has been made to transfer the voucher to a third party, the booking will be cancelled and the voucher voided.
All terms and conditions written in the above paragraph named "Gift Vouchers" also apply to any vouchers issued by us through the COVID-19 closure.
MAINTENANCE & IMPROVEMENTS
As Broadrayne Farm is open all year round, you may find that there is necessary maintenance, development or refurbishment work taking place during your visit. We will endeavour to keep any noise and inconvenience to a minimum.
We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any lost property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of a minimum payment of £10 to cover the cost of packaging and registered post. Any larger items will be charged at the postage rate plus a £5 packaging and handling charge.
All reasonable effort will be made to advise clients in advance of any situation which may affect your holiday. However, we accept no liability for any disturbance which may occur and is outside of our control. Clients should understand neighbours of holiday properties are not obliged to advise us of any work/disturbance they may be undertaking as long as this is within legal limits.
PAYMENT BY DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS
Payment will be accepted via debit or credit card with no extra charge.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information given either verbally or written and all representations are made in good faith, no such representations will create any liability on the part of us.
INTERNET USAGE POLICY
Please refer to our Internet Usage Policy HERE
Any personal contact data requested and collected is solely for the satisfactory completion of the transaction between you as the holiday maker(s) and us as the supplier of the premises. Your information is never provided to any other party or entity, and is only used in strict accordance with the UK Data Protection Act.
In the case of a discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other information about Grasmere Glamping, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Should anyone not observe any of the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel and terminate the booking at any time and retain any monies already paid for subsequent nights.